Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with dome stamp

Article about: Hey Fellas, Does anyone have any Reference Material relating to Australian Government Broadarrow Markings during WW2,or know where i could look. Ive tried the AWM but to no avail. Ive includ

Default Help needed with dome stamp

Hey Fellas,
    Does anyone have any Reference Material relating to Australian Government Broadarrow Markings during WW2,or know where i could look.
    Ive tried the AWM but to no avail.
    Ive included one of the marks that is in one of my Mk III helmets.
    Thanks for your help
    Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with dome stamp  

Default Re: Help needed with dome stamp

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Hey Fellas,
    Does anyone have any Reference Material relating to Australian Government Broadarrow Markings during WW2,or know where i could look.
    Ive tried the AWM but to no avail.
    Ive included one of the marks that is in one of my Mk III helmets.
    Thanks for your help
    Mick
    I know of no publications on any codes as the Govt. destroyed most records on war time codes (I have heard of book on Mfg codes, but this was from word of mouth and I'm not sure of it's existence), but I do know that these mentioned are inspector codes, these are found on nearly all Aussie gear from bayos to 37 gear.

Thanks Rene,
    Yea, it sure is hard to find any reference material,especially on Helmets.Ive discussed this on another forum with no luck either.The British marks are somewhat easier to find as they are well recorded i believe.
    The AT under the arrow must be Australian something,and it also looks like there could have been a third letter there ????
    As i said the Australian War Memorial were of little help,but they did say they would look into it.We will see.
    Anyway good to talk mate,
    And HAPPY NEW YEAR
    Mick

I would assume that stamp is just a form of government acceptance stamp. Canadian Mk.II's were sometimes stamped in the dome as well, but with the all familiar C Broad Arrow.

Quote by mk1rceme View Post
    I would assume that stamp is just a form of government acceptance stamp. Canadian Mk.II's were sometimes stamped in the dome as well, but with the all familiar C Broad Arrow.
    Yes your probably right mate,but there seems to be quite a few different variations.
    Ive seen the D.D version which is for Department of Defence or W.D for War Department which are quite common.
    But Ive seen W.S and W.P (see below)and mine A.T its all very frustrating
    The thrill of the chase is good though
    Cheers Mate
    Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with dome stamp   Help needed with dome stamp