Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HOME FRONT AMBULANCE MK11 Helmet.

Article about: Hi guys, I just won this MKII Ambulance helmet dated 1938 off the bay, I can't imagine I was bidding against any of you chaps as I am sure you will have had one of these for years!! I know i

Default HOME FRONT AMBULANCE MK11 Helmet.

Hi guys, I just won this MKII Ambulance helmet dated 1938 off the bay, I can't imagine I was bidding against any of you chaps as I am sure you will have had one of these for years!! I know it is nothing mind blowing but I needed one to have my "set" of W, R, & A, the most common types. The overall condition is reasonable and the liner looks pretty good compared to some. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HOME FRONT AMBULANCE MK11 Helmet.   HOME FRONT AMBULANCE MK11 Helmet.  

Attached Images Attached Images HOME FRONT AMBULANCE MK11 Helmet.  HOME FRONT AMBULANCE MK11 Helmet. 

Hi Leon was that on tonite Bud?if it was i had it watching but think iv'e bought enough lately...................

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Hi Leon was that on tonite Bud?if it was i had it watching but think iv'e bought enough lately...................
    Hi Jake, yes it was, I got it about 20 minutes ago! Leon.

Maybe Leon there were two running as these pics look differant from what i can remember,if it is the one then it went for quite a fair price.............

Maybe Leon there were two running as these pics look differant from what i can remember,if it is the one then it went for quite a fair price.............
    I paid about £32.00 + postage, not cheap , but ok. Leon.

That is the one mate,thats a fair price isn't it?or am I out of touch with mk2's?compared to what Army lids go for I thought that was quite reasonable................

That is the one mate,thats a fair price isn't it?or am I out of touch with mk2's?compared to what Army lids go for I thought that was quite reasonable................
    It's fair enough and I doubt it will go down in value as I used to be able to buy these for £3.50 out of my local Government surplus 20 years ago, just give it another 20 yrs and the next generation of kids will be priced out of the market! Leon.

?

Hi Leon nice Mk II and I do completely agree that prices of Commonwealth helmets are indeed on the rise even in the last 3-4 years I have seen prices on Canadian Mk II's double.
    Better get them while they are still readily available and fairly cheap as IMO prices are going to keep rising.

Regards Mark

Wished I had got into M1's 20 years ago Mark,would be sitting on a small fortune now mate...................

another fine aquisition leon i too have noticed a recent trend even for the staunch stahlhelm collectors here to be picking up british homefront and commonwealth lids ,its certainly refreshing to view these ,Aarons collection is mind boggling and i just never realised the amount of different variations ,keep up the great work mate
    regards james
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast