Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!

Article about: Here's my Homefront setup,a mk2 in black with "W" to front and back,a nice patina to it,both shell and liner by Briggs Motor Bodies,all in good condition and is the bigger size of

Hi Jake,

Great set up, indeed!

Like the color combination of both helmet and gas mask.

Thank you for posting.

Regards,
    Taka

superb set up jake ,i too have never seen an example with front and rear W's before,thanks for showing
    Regards James

?

Hi Jake, I did not know you collected British militaria !.
    I really like the patina of the shell and the liner is in superb condition. I have a CD version of one of these helmets but sadly the liner is so perished I am reluctant to pick it up most of the time.

When I was kid I had two of these Gasmask models, they were in round tin containers with anti-gas ointment tins inside, annoyingly these are long gone,but looking at your's has sparked my interest in getting another one some day

?

Hi James, From about 41/42 it was agreed to have a letter at the rear of a helmet as well as the front, to make recognition easier at an incident.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!   Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!  

Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!   Home front Helmet and Gasmask!!!!!!  

thank you Aaron and also the period pictures toomy zuckerman has SFP front and rear so will this be the for the same reason and time frame
    Regards James

?

As a rule of thumb, time wise & reason, but not all area's or individuals did the same.
    That's why home front helmets are quite interesting, due to the variety of the markings.

Good info Aaron,thanks James for the positivesGary I dont collect as a rule purely due space etc,however with my son doing all this next year at school I felt he should have something to wind his classmates up about,the only other one is listed here on another thread,check it out,thanks again everyone for the input............

thanks Aaron and jake i was pleasantly surprised to see this was your thread
    Regards James

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Good info Aaron,thanks James for the positivesGary I dont collect as a rule purely due space etc,however with my son doing all this next year at school I felt he should have something to wind his classmates up about,the only other one is listed here on another thread,check it out,thanks again everyone for the input............

No worries Jake, will do buddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2