Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home front marked helmets.

Article about: There is an amazing amount of variety when it come to home front marked helmets, most have initials painted to the front of them that we just don't know, or will ever find out what they stan

?

B.C.T ? on a No.2C
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home front marked helmets.   Home front marked helmets.  

Nice lids guys!

?

Hello
    BCT for Bournemouth Corporation Transport
    cordiall
    Didier

?

Hi Didier, I live a few miles from Bournemouth, and another helmet I had with the same initials I was told was Bournemouth corporation transport.
    So could be.
    Thanks

Very nice helmets and thanks for posting them.

Matt

Hi, most of mine are the "standard" ARP services, but here is my LNER (London and North Eastern Railway) helmet and GPO helmet(General Post Office). Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home front marked helmets.   Home front marked helmets.  

Home front marked helmets.   Home front marked helmets.  

Attached Images Attached Images Home front marked helmets. 

?

T.C.H, Three Counties Hospital, was a mental asylum which served Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire & Huntingdonshire.

?

A few more unknown factory marked helmets.

...all nice helmets....over the years I've catalogued over a thousand different CD helmets and still haven't scratched the surface....I love it when folk guess or have been assured by "experts" ......these have included "R/C" = Roman Catholic (I guess it could have been had it not be for the "/"), "NHSR" = National Heavy Service Rescue, "M" = Middlesex, "ACC" = Assistant Crowd Controller, "CWD" = Chemical Weapons Dump, "DHW" = De-Haviland Warden, "BAE" = British Aerospace Engineering.....

.....and I think most of us have got one or two (or more) we just don't have clue about.........like:-

MU
    FJAR
    AA
    PWGH
    NAFD
    IS
    BCPT
    MH
    CWD

...the list goes on

A lot of the unknowns are factory helmets, carrying the company initials (eg. R&R = Ransome & Rapier) and it may be possible to find the company via internet trawling but a lot of them aren't in business any more or have been eaten up by competitors......

......and now they've started to fake them too!!!!!

?

Thanks for your thoughts & info' on this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast