Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Homefront/Army mk2!!!!!

Article about: Hi really like this mk2 but can't decide whether its a Homefront or Army Helmet,welcome opinions please.............

Default Homefront/Army mk2!!!!!

Hi really like this mk2 but can't decide whether its a Homefront or Army Helmet,welcome opinions please.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Homefront/Army mk2!!!!!   Homefront/Army mk2!!!!!  

Homefront/Army mk2!!!!!   Homefront/Army mk2!!!!!  

?

Hi Jake, What's the paint on the outside, khaki green textured paint? If so army. But even if it is, the home guard used Mk2No.1's as well as the Mk2No.2's.

Thanks Aaron these were the only pics and I cannot see any holes machined either side,but the Brown would be more likely Homefront than army unless this is Khaki coloured paint..............

Has it got any dates on the shell or the liner Jake. It looks good, but the paint needs to be textured and even then the HG also used them as Aaron mentions. The exterior looks greenish in the pics, but the underside a bit browner. Perhaps some better pics would help.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well its hard to tell and it has a bid on it at £45 so debatable whether to move on this,may pass,thanks guys..........

I just found it for sale, I had thought you already owned it Jake. For a netted helmet, the price is OK, original nets go for 20-30 quid these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Sorry Jerry for the confusion Bud,just wanted some opinions as it looks good but im not really up with Brit-lid prices,I know of one thats on at over £100 but I guess thats normal with a netted Army Helmet,but with regards to Homefront/ARP etc Im struggling with costs and so on....

Here's the forementioned Helmet at £102,finishes tomorrow,what do you think.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Homefront/Army mk2!!!!!   Homefront/Army mk2!!!!!  

Homefront/Army mk2!!!!!  

Try this site as a guide to market prices. I hear the seller knows his stuff.

WW2 British Helmets
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Anon View Post
    Try this site as a guide to market prices. I hear the seller knows his stuff.

WW2 British Helmets
    Slippery bugger by all accounts,can't quite remember the dudes name for the life of me...............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast