Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Homefront police mk2!!!!!!

Article about: wanted a nice example to go with my Warden mk2,so bagged this beauty last nite on fleabay from an acquaintance not far from me.I have a question before I have it in hand,which is the shell a

?

I always like the early ones, but that's just my preference.
    Pretty sure the early 38/39 Mk2's had more priority to the police, fire & ARP than the military.
    They being issued the Mk1* first then the Mk2.
    Here's another early Police Mk2.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Homefront police mk2!!!!!!   Homefront police mk2!!!!!!  

Homefront police mk2!!!!!!   Homefront police mk2!!!!!!  

I agree Aaron as the civil/homefront services were set up in 1937/38 it makes perfect sense to have issued the then new mk2 to these units as the mk1*s very done slightly before this time and therefore automatically issued to the Army,another great looking homefront Helmet too........

?

Beautiful example Jake, the liner and chinstrap are in amazing condition. I bought an ARP version last year and the liner was in such a poor state it disintegrated and the chinstrap is next to useless,I did consider placing both items,but would have cost me more than I paid for the Helmet

I know where your coming from mate,im amazed at the fact there was no other bidders,I saw a Police mk2 last week go for £26 with a £20 starting price that had 8 bids and wasn't anywhere as clean as my example and with postage added came out at exactly the same costnot too sure how the average collector seems to function.............

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I know where your coming from mate,im amazed at the fact there was no other bidders,I saw a Police mk2 last week go for £26 with a £20 starting price that had 8 bids and wasn't anywhere as clean as my example and with postage added came out at exactly the same costnot too sure how the average collector seems to function.............

It is a very odd thing Jake that's for sure, I recently sold off some Mk5's on ebay and made a healthy profit ,at the same time there were better examples listed than my own which sold for less????

?

Nice looking lid Jake I have a bit of a soft spot for police issued helmets or maybe it is the other way around they always seem to find me LOL looks like it will display rather well and you have got to like it when you find out the E-bay seller is close enough for a local pick up have only ever had that happen to me once a few months back with a Mk II as well.

Regards Mark

Cheers Mark for popping by,like I say there's a "look" I go for and to me its worth the money,have seen many as a B.I.N and at a higher premium plus there in not such good condition..........

There are plenty out there for sale at the over £50 mark these days.

Why some people bid what they do and at other times don't on the bay is a real mystery.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I luv the battle of psychology on ebay hmmm lets bid and push it to an over top amount but refuse blank just to Buy it now outright because that would cost a lot more and I dont want to pay too much but im happy to pay OTT in the bidding war.........

?

As to selling on E-bay description and good images are so important and can make your item stand out against your compitition.

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast