Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Hsat, 44

Article about: Hello Gents, Is this one an unmessed with example? Makers mark is almost not visible but "luckily" the "44" is still there.

Default Hsat, 44

Hello Gents,

Is this one an unmessed with example? Makers mark is almost not visible but "luckily" the "44" is still there.

Hsat, 44

Hsat, 44

Hsat, 44

Hsat, 44

Hsat, 44

Hsat, 44

Hsat, 44

Hsat, 44

The helmet it self looks ok but the 44 stamp looks like it was added later to push the price up ,looks to newly stamped in the leather and funny how the 19 and makers stamp are very worn but the 44 is so fresh .Most likely a 1950s helmet with new added stamps

?

Lid is suspect !
    I'd look for a clearly marked one.

Thanks guys

?

I think the stamp, or what's left of it, 44, is ok. But what's more worrying is the green paint on the inside rim, hard to tell if it's the same inside the dome, but that is post war, probably a 50's shell.
    It's also been repainted outside, with the date stamp inconclusive & the green paint I'd leave it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hsat, 44  

?

I also think the stamp is ok, I have had couple of these where the 44 is clearer than the other half of the stamp. The one shown in Tinlids photo shows the 44 with deeper impression. The alumimium band does not look to fit well which may point to it being swapped.

?

Hi Madds I have been watching this one as well out of curiosity and I completely agree with Aaron and Gary at the best it is a reworked late war example and IMO it has the dark shade of post war green applied here are a couple of shots of mine for comparison.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hsat, 44   Hsat, 44