Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

HSAT Mk1 G&S 1943 - New purchase

Article about: Hi Chaps, I just purchased the following helmet. I had the net already for a different helmet (supposedly a WW2 net, from the now closed La Percée d’Avranches museum), do think it's appropri

Default HSAT Mk1 G&S 1943 - New purchase

Hi Chaps, I just purchased the following helmet. I had the net already for a different helmet (supposedly a WW2 net, from the now closed La Percée d’Avranches museum), do think it's appropriate for the helmet? (I have seen photos of what appears to be a few different type nets in use)

Best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HSAT Mk1  G&S 1943  -  New purchase   HSAT Mk1  G&S 1943  -  New purchase  

HSAT Mk1  G&S 1943  -  New purchase   HSAT Mk1  G&S 1943  -  New purchase  

SMP
    ?

Congratulations . A very nice G&S !

With regards to a net - you could fit just about any net you fancy. A 1943/44 helmet could have a 1/4 '' woven net, a 1/4'' knotted net ( like yours ), a 1/2'' knotted net, or even a late war 1'' knotted. Take your pick. IMO it is always best to find a net with matching wear.

Cheers Steve, and thanks very much on the net info.

?

Nice helmet, do you have any more HSAT 's ?

Hi, that's now my second. I also have a HSAT Mk2 (BMB 1944). Very happy to have the two different examples. I would like to get a German para helmet too, though just reading online (the amount of fakes), makes finding a nice example a little difficult/scary.

SMP
    ?

Quote by Firstcast View Post
    I would like to get a German para helmet too, though just reading online (the amount of fakes), makes finding a nice example a little difficult/scary.
    Post any prospective purchase on the WAF FJ forum. You will get independent, honest advice from some of the foremost FJ collectors.

Thanks for the heads up, I definitely will