Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

ID a Brit Helmet?

Article about: Hello Folks - Not really my area (which is WW1), but came across this interesting, IMHO, Brit Helmet. Wondered if anyone may be able to help decipher it? Thanks for looking! - Mike

Default ID a Brit Helmet?

Hello Folks -

Not really my area (which is WW1), but came across this interesting, IMHO, Brit Helmet. Wondered if anyone may be able to help decipher it?

Thanks for looking!
    - Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ID a Brit Helmet?   ID a Brit Helmet?  

ID a Brit Helmet?  

Default Re: ID a Brit Helmet?

I think that's something to do with the ARP, the white stripes are some sort of senior officer. like i said i think!..

?

Hi Mike,
    Sorry I cant be of much help other than to say its got a manufacture date of 1941, however, the wording on the front, "2nd Off" to me says navy, possibly ARP/Observer Corps

Best to wait for one of the more knowledgeable lads to chip in with more details, someone like TinLid will pick up on it sooner or later and be able to give you more help than me.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Being black & with the small W it could be some unofficial wardens marking or something completely different, but interesting all the same.
    Aaron