Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying World War 1 Era Helmet

Article about: Hello, I'm new to collecting and I'm trying to figure out if this is the British version of the Mk 1 Brodie helmet or the American version. (I don't know much about about these helmets so pl

Default Identifying World War 1 Era Helmet

Hello, I'm new to collecting and I'm trying to figure out if this is the British version of the Mk 1 Brodie helmet or the American version. (I don't know much about about these helmets so please excuse my ignorance.) From what I've seen it should have writing embedded under the rim but all I see is something written with what's possibly a marker. There's a dent on the top of the helmet which I believe was from a piece of shrapnel hitting it. It feels relatively smooth, and I'm assuming the lining inside must have been taken out or rotted away.

(EDIT) Woops, look's like I posted in the wrong forum, sorry! I'd move it but I don't know how.
    (EDIT2) Sorry for the pictures being upside down, they weren't upside down on my computer.

Identifying World War 1 Era HelmetIdentifying World War 1 Era HelmetIdentifying World War 1 Era HelmetIdentifying World War 1 Era Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying World War 1 Era Helmet  

?

I believe that it is an American m1917 because of the circular rivets and the brown paint.