Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting 1941 dated C.L./C.

Article about: This 1941 dated C.L./C. just came up for sale in the market this morning and an interesting Mk II it is I have a few 41 dated examples in my collection but found the camo over paint quite st

?

Default Interesting 1941 dated C.L./C.

This 1941 dated C.L./C. just came up for sale in the market this morning and an interesting Mk II it is I have a few 41 dated examples in my collection but found the camo over paint quite striking so I thought she would be worth a punt as I really like the wear and patina I am curious if the over paint is as striking as shown in the sellers images or if the camera flash and lighting has changed the color somewhat time will tell .
    It reportedly was a basement find from a home in Halifax and as seen in the images looks likes she has been laying around for some time can't wait to get her in hand for a better look will post up some better pics upon it's arrival .
    Jeez I forgot to ask about the liner size but the steel lot batch number is 39 so not one I have in my collection yet thanks for looking all comments are most welcome.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting 1941 dated C.L./C.   Interesting 1941 dated C.L./C.  

Last edited by Mark K; 10-21-2014 at 04:34 PM.

?

No intrest in Canadian Mk II's thought perhaps that the color of the over paint might raise an eyebrow or two

Regards Mark

I have seen similar color shell in a flea market also by clc

?

Thanx George first one I have seen for sale in the market place painted this particular shade of green.

Regards Mark

Hey, if you want I can grab when I am there next time - it was $30 and I can send it to you.

?

Thanks George always intrested in Canadian helmets especially the ones that do not conform with war time and or post war regulations I will PM you my email next time you are there take a couple picks and shoot them off to me first I always have my phone in my pocket so will see them right away.

Regards Mark

Did you buy it Mark? If you did it will be interesting to see your pics of it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry I just opened my wallet and paid the man it should be an intresting Mk II better pics are of course in order.
    I have read referance to some Canadian Mk II's that were field over painted a grass green but have never seen a color image in any reference book to substantiate the claim.

Regards Mark

?

The Mk II arrived in the post yesterday and it has seen a little bit of field use and is scratched up banged and scuffed and is sporting a 41 dated VMC liner in a size of 6 1/2.
    I thought I would post up a few more pics the paint is quite a vibrant green and IMO looks to have been on there for eons of course there is know way to tell when it was done but I like it for a WW II period field applied .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting 1941 dated C.L./C.   Interesting 1941 dated C.L./C.  

Interesting 1941 dated C.L./C.   Interesting 1941 dated C.L./C.  

Interesting 1941 dated C.L./C.