Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting PASGT (air-softer ?)

Article about: this came as a job lot i won off eabay for £46 this is an 83/84 dated PASGT as you can see it has an interesting camo covering at some point its had all the webbing inside removed & what

?

Cool Interesting PASGT (air-softer ?)

this came as a job lot i won off eabay for £46 this is an 83/84 dated PASGT as you can see it has an interesting camo covering at some point its had all the webbing inside removed & what looks to be UK woodland camo material cut & added along with a net with foliage type camo im leaning towards this being an air-softer set up but it looks pretty cool none the less
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting PASGT (air-softer ?)   Interesting PASGT (air-softer ?)  

Interesting PASGT (air-softer ?)   Interesting PASGT (air-softer ?)  

Interesting PASGT (air-softer ?)  

?

Default Re: Interesting PASGT (air-softer ?)

The netting covering the helmet appears to be what we called "scatter netting camo". We used it to cover certain tents, radar, howitzers, and vehicles so it could not be spotted from the air. A kit of this would come with repair patches to fix one's with holes or ripped. A patch was normally used by someone to place on one's helmet to give it that camo look. Although we were told to utilize plantation from the area, someone would "cheat" by obtaining a repair patch from the kit set.

?

thanks for that info denfly.

I have no idea what the camo netting Denfly refers to is like, so he may wel be completely correct, but my first thought on seeing your helmet was that it might be a French helmet cover as used on both the mle 51 and F1 helmets. See here (scroll down about halfway)
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle F-1 série 1 :.

?

i see what you mean it very much looks like the "salad" camo cover they've used ??

?

I have no idea why someone would put a WW2 camo on a 1980's helmet. But if it's possible, you may be able to google the scatter netting on images.

AIF
    ?

And this is why I don't like airsofters... As well as collecting WW2 I also collect modern Australian gear and it makes bloody hard to know what you have got unless you get it direct from the soldier who used it which is the only gear I touch now. I honestly think collecting modern gear especially stuff from the recent deployments in the Ghan and Iraq more of a minefield than collecting TR or SS for that matter especially if it is sexy regiment stuff... It is a cool looking helmet and I hope it is a good unmessed with one BUT the problem is how will you ever know it was used in service like this and not made up and worn by some idiot running around playing army with a BB gun... LOL sorry not having a crack at your helmet just the whole situation in general because it's so damn annoying

?

i know what you mean & because i cant prove anything with this particular PASGT im putting it down to an airsofter job so will be stripping it down & reverting back to its original state.

hi nick ,nice to see another pasgt in your collection ,i believe this scrim is british army use for covering vehicles etc it can be purchased in huge sizes ,american mortar teams used a tan version of the salade scrim in desert storm ,now the woodland cover mmm i know italy used the us pasgt k pot alonside the composite sept k pot and had/have a similar pattern its worth doing some more research ,if your stripping it down i would keep the salade for maybe a british turtle helmet for a falklands set up ,heres a referance picture of the american salade on a pasgt,cheers james Attachment 516089
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting PASGT (air-softer ?)  
    Regards James

?

Attachment 516592Attachment 516585Attachment 516588Here are some pics of the US Army scatter netting in woodland cammo bundled and spread out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast