Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Wardens Helmet

Article about: Picked this up from ebay just before Christmas, only now have I had time to have a closer look. W to front and rear, both different style fonts, these have been masked off and the helmet rep

Default Interesting Wardens Helmet

Picked this up from ebay just before Christmas, only now have I had time to have a closer look. W to front and rear, both different style fonts, these have been masked off and the helmet repainted black again, above the front W is A21, but this is under the repaint. The helmet is covered in signatures/positions, some readable, some to faint to read, there is a Head Warden and a Deputy Head, and signatures followed by the following references, D Group, Post I 26 & I 24, B3.
    Would letters to the front and rear put this helmet in the London area ? and what would the significance of A21 above the W have been ? (the painted texture of the W & A21 are the same).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Wardens Helmet   Interesting Wardens Helmet  

Interesting Wardens Helmet   Interesting Wardens Helmet  

Interesting Wardens Helmet  

?

Nice reissue, makes them more interesting. Not seen signatures like that before, but just adds to it.

I have seen signed headgear items previously, I have two in my collection, both as a parting gift to a member leaving a unit, though not seen it on a helmet before but I assume it is for the same, a fond goodbye to a comrade.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.