Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

irish free state model 1927

Article about: here's a helmet ive had on my want list for a very long time ,allthough not complete with liner this relic does have the full chinstrap albiet with damage to the aluminium metalware, all thr

Default irish free state model 1927

here's a helmet ive had on my want list for a very long time ,allthough not complete with liner this relic does have the full chinstrap albiet with damage to the aluminium metalware, all three copper liner washers are intact and have a thick section of part liner attatched to the insides ,the one thing that strikes me is the sheer thickness of the leather ,in its day it must of been of the highest quality ,this one has had the post 1940 civil defence coating ,im not entirely sure but i think the stepped brow plate lugs should be brass and as these are steel im wondering if german in origin ,funny to think a brow plate was never intended for these the serial numbers shows quite an early stamping and reads V ltd H2960 below is H 42 i think then 27 so out of 10,000 made or though ive heard also 15,000 this one is number 2960 , as only officer's wore the frontal insignia so im not in too much of a rush to find one and it seems there are plenty of should i say it reproductions too ,i wonder how many of these helmets are often mistaken for snow camo stahlhelms,enjoy irish free state model 1927irish free state model 1927irish free state model 1927irish free state model 1927irish free state model 1927irish free state model 1927irish free state model 1927irish free state model 1927irish free state model 1927irish free state model 1927

Nice one james...with serial number and badge support...i found my one in a ditch beside my house when i was 12.......all the best darren....
    later after ww2 these were mostly destroyed......

A nice Vickers lid mate and it looks as though those vent lugs have been there for a long time!...

thanks paul and darren what a great find in a ditch ,is it possible to show us here a picture please ,id like to see it ,thanks james

MAP
    ?

Nice score James. I like yours better than mine which has been restored.

It's amazing how much lighter these are than a German M16/18.

(you made some very helpful comments when I posted mine if you don't remember)

Irish M1927 Helmet

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

michael forgive me as your thread totally slipped my mind ,8 months on and i finally find this one ,it was too good to pass up even in this condition ,its nestled in amongst the stahlhelm m16 relics irish free state model 1927

MAP
    ?

No problem. Just me thanking you again for your input.

I really enjoy the look of yours. A fine addition and looks really good between it's cousins!

To me, it's better than the restored one that I have.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thanks michael ,the thought did cross my mind to remove whats left of the white coating but after hearing your voice of reason im going to leave it well alone

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 27 :.
    Leave that white paint alone mate, they were painted white at the start of WW2!....

Ignore the above mate you already know!...!....
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 12-31-2014 at 06:00 PM.

?

Nice addition to the collection James and I as well would leave it be and not restore it.
    Perhaps one day you will come across another and can just use it as a filler till this time I myself would display it as is makes for a hell of a conversation piece.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast