Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Irish M1927 Helmet

Article about: I also vote for irish helmet vs. m16

I also vote for irish helmet vs. m16

MAP
    ?

Quote by James C View Post
    personally id have an irish example on my shelf as opposed to the fluted portugese m16 but thats just my opinion ,its all about what appeals to you most
    Quote by meyle77 View Post
    You can always buy it and upgrade to a better one in the future :-)
    Or I can buy BOTH! Problem solved

But will need to raise the cash for the Portugese as I'm picking up a WWI US Field Service Adrian next week!! Yeah!!!

Thanks James and Meyle.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Perfect solution

great stuff michael its a compromise with a win win ending
    Regards James

If I were you I would hold onto the M1927 as they are becoming quite scarce and more desirable.

Martin

MAP
    ?

Quote by mauser98k View Post
    If I were you I would hold onto the M1927 as they are becoming quite scarce and more desirable.

Martin
    Will do. Only 10k made and more than 1/2 are gone.......

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Forgive me from pointing out the obvious once again, but these Vickers helmets are genuinely uncommon in any state, and finding one for sale in original condition is next to impossible (most survivors passed through Irish Civil Defence use and were repainted at least once at some point) and would involve a *lot* of money, especially if the genuine original badge was in place. Frankly I'd say you'e fortunate to have one at all, in whatever condition. However, if you do fancy your hand at any level of restoration (and you would be a braver man than I - I am leaving my two examples well alone!) may I suggest this webpage - THE IRISH

I've also been keen to get a good example of the Portuguese M16, which is another helmet very hard to find in original condition. And certainly would not be cheap. The closest I ever came to one which didn;t have a three-figure pricetag was about fourteen years back when I was offered one with a complete liner (but no chinstrap) and the yellow Cruz de Aviz insignia, for what was in retrospect a measly £90. But that was more than I had in the bank at the time, so that's just added to a long list of lifetime regrets.

MAP
    ?

Greg,

Thanks. I'm familiiar with THE IRISH website. It was very helpful. I don't plan on a second round of restoration as who ever did the first did a really decent job, nor do I have the skill set. I am on the lookout however for an original badge.

The all original Portuguese helmet is very pricy at $600. Very rich but I don't see them in this original condition.

So I'm keeping the M27 and deciding/researching on the Portuguese helmet.

Thanks for your input

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2