Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

leading fireman nfs worcester helmet

Article about: just to share my national firemans helmet,perhaps fuelled by the recent interest in home front helmets and after viewing many a nice example i decided to take the plunge with this one , i wa

well thats a relief mark and leon i did notice in hand the paint extended in places further than where a rim would have been but as i never realised there was such a thing as the rimless nfs i discounted it the remaining rim wear certainly gives the impression of a fitted rim having been removed if that makes any sense at all ,thanks for your thoughts on this one ,it was advertised as an alloy helmet but its definately steel
    Regards James

?

It will be an BMB 1941, quite a few of these were issued to the NFS.
    They are an Mk2 No.1 ( military use) but without the rim, as apposed to the Mk2 No.2's.
    Should be grey inside, but has been repainted outside green,nice one

Quote by Anon View Post
    It is probably one of the rimless BMB made examples which often have it stamped into the rim somewhere.

Perhaps we will have to start a thread on AFS/NFS helmets to go with those for Wardens and Police that we have yet to start.
    sorry Jerry i didnt realise you had posted ,i was busy typing away ,thanks for the extra info regarding BMB i will look closer with my readers on with some better lighting to find the shell stamp
    Regards James

thanks jake and many thanks for this information Aaron i can certainly see grey undertones on the inside shell in placesleading fireman nfs worcester helmet
    Regards James

the most striking part of these helmet's in my opinion is the kings crown water slide leading fireman nfs worcester helmet
    Regards James

NCA
    ?

Nice lid.I'm after one with '13' fireforce number.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2