Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Liner needed for MKIII helmet

Article about: Thanks Marty, I was having a bit of a problem trying to find the actual location of the auction. There's a heck of a lot of stuff going on around here. I could spend all my days just reading

Question Liner needed for MKIII helmet

Hi to all,

I'm new to the helmet collecting world. I have just bought a British MKIII helmet, shell only. I'd like to find a store, or an individual who could sell me a liner to go with it. A replica one would be fine. Thanks.

Default Re: Liner needed for MKIII helmet

Welcome to the forum!

Replica liners can be purchased for £20 here:

Soldier of Fortune

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade.
    I did find that site while searching the Web. I just couldn't figure out how much shipping to Canada would cost me.

Gil
    (BanjoFrog)

I have an extra unissued liner...just no crosspad or screw to go with it. The liner is a Canadian made VMC dated 1941. I'm only an hour from you straight up the QEII and I do get down to Calgary once or twice a week.

Any chance of seeing a pic of the shell you have?

Dale

Hey Dale,
    Here are the links to the pictures. I can't seem to get the pictures from my computer to upload. I hope you can actually get to see the pictures.
    Let me know if you think your liner would be a match. How much would it go for?

Armynavydeals.com

Thanks,
    Gil

don't know if your interested, but I saw a crosspad on ebay, but I don't remember if it had the screw, or the nut. funny I bought a helmet, but the crosspad, had no pad ,it was just plastic, what was funny it had a date of 1952, I think, didnt the British change their helmet during the Korean war? I'm not sure I don't know enough about it, but the helmet I got was cherry, even the chinstrap was in great shape. good luck with your hunt.

Thanks Crazy Horse,

I'm just waiting to hear back from Dale. If his liner doesn't match, I'll be turning to Ebay or one of the British stores.
    Is the helmet on your ID picture one of yours? If so, where did you get it?

Take care,

Gil

Quote by BanjoFrog View Post
    Thanks Crazy Horse,

I'm just waiting to hear back from Dale. If his liner doesn't match, I'll be turning to Ebay or one of the British stores.
    Is the helmet on your ID picture one of yours? If so, where did you get it?

Take care,

Gil
    yeah it's my baby, bought it from an old man, but I feel that I ruined it, because I paid a guy to restore it, wish I had left it alone now, oh well live & learn, now I can't afford another German helmet.oh yeah in the helmet section there are 2 restored British turtle shell's one has a net, the other doesn't, they were 20.00 starting bid, a few days ago they were 25.00 starting bid, niether one of them sold, so he relisted them for 20.00 starting, I would put both in your watch column & if they get close & don't sell, then you could snag one & put all the insides in your shell, just a thought. good luck.

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    yeah it's my baby, bought it from an old man, but I feel that I ruined it, because I paid a guy to restore it, wish I had left it alone now, oh well live & learn, now I can't afford another German helmet.oh yeah in the helmet section there are 2 restored British turtle shell's one has a net, the other doesn't, they were 20.00 starting bid, a few days ago they were 25.00 starting bid, niether one of them sold, so he relisted them for 20.00 starting, I would put both in your watch column & if they get close & don't sell, then you could snag one & put all the insides in your shell, just a thought. good luck.
    Thanks for the info. I'll start watching how things are going with those two helmets.

Quote by BanjoFrog View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll start watching how things are going with those two helmets.
    yeah I forgot its in helmets ww2 , I have certain categories saved on my search list, mostly ww2, helmets , m-4 bayonets , bayonets also, German helmets, just mainly things I like best. that is a good buy on those 2 British helmets, but they have been completely restored, but I just bought 2 m-1 helmets, so the wife is pissed off enough at me right now. so I didn't tell her about the # 4 mk II british bayonet & a blued Japanese bayonet I got from a friend, the MKII has 99% paint on the scabbard, just the ball on the bottom isn't painted, are they supposed to be?, I don't know it's my first British bayo & the Japanese bayo has a lot of blueing left on it, plus it has a good wooden handle, not that soft crappy wood they usually have, I forgot the maker on it, it has the usual 3 connected circles & then it has an arrow with a M in the arrow, anyone know what maker that is I did know about the arrow, but I can't remember right now. anyway good luck. Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast