Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Liner needed for MKIII helmet

Article about: Thanks Marty, I was having a bit of a problem trying to find the actual location of the auction. There's a heck of a lot of stuff going on around here. I could spend all my days just reading

Default Re: Liner needed for MKIII helmet

Thanks Marty,

I was having a bit of a problem trying to find the actual location of the auction. There's a heck of a lot of stuff going on around here. I could spend all my days just reading stuff in all the threads and looking at the pictures. I'm trying to buy some deactivated guns right now, to go with the helmets. I have a young son who is just nuts about military stuff and is extremely keen on learning about the Canadian army's involvement in the two great wars. So, I tell my wife that this is all educational material. Not sure she's buying it though. LOL You might want to Google "british bayonet pictures" to see if you can confirm the paint job on your mk II. For every deactivated gun I have looked at, I spent at least 30 minutes looking at pictures and learning the specs. It's amazing the amount of info that's out there.

Gil

Take care,

Gil

Quote by BanjoFrog View Post
    Thanks Crazy Horse,

I'm just waiting to hear back from Dale. If his liner doesn't match, I'll be turning to Ebay or one of the British stores.
    Is the helmet on your ID picture one of yours? If so, where did you get it?

Take care,

Gil
    Hi Gil,

I checked out the link but the helmet shown is a MkIV not a III. If this is the helmet shell you have, no sorry I don't have the liners for these. To make this helmet correct you will have to find a 1945 or later liner with the lift the dot connector.

Here is a pic of one of my MkIV's...

don't know, is ebay different in Canada, just get into your military catagory, then type in the search - helmets, then I think on advanced put ww2, or ww2 British, or Canadian, or just try to go to helmets, mine automatically says German, U.S., British ,etc. then go on the side, it should say ww1, ww2, etc, but then find save & it comes up in your search favorites, hope I'm helping you, but your best bet is see what Dale wants for his unissued liner, I have to get off here a few someone outbid me on a 1938 herder bayonet, gotta see how much & if I want to go as high, it doesn't have a scabbard, but if I see the top band again, I will write the item # down & send it to you. take care, gotta go look at the damage on my German bayonet, my second favorite thing after helmets. take care

Quote by mk1rceme View Post
    Hi Gil,

I checked out the link but the helmet shown is a MkIV not a III. If this is the helmet shell you have, no sorry I don't have the liners for these. To make this helmet correct you will have to find a 1945 or later liner with the lift the dot connector.

Here is a pic of one of my MkIV's...

Dale my helmet has the same liner, but I am missing the foam pad in the bottom, but my bales are in closer to the liner, any Idea what I have, can't find any other marks except for the date on the bottom band, either 1951, or 52 thanks for any help you can give me, I may not be looking in the right place on the helmet, the chin strap is cherry, as is the liner, looks like the bottom band was replaced at some time or another, thanks. Marty

[QUOTE=mk1rceme;196782]Hi Gil,

Thanks for the info. When the shell comes in, I'll compare to what the pictures on the website were showing. I'll go back on the hunt for a liner at that time,

Gil

you can check these two item #'s they were in the British ww2 helmet section. 370440292839. the next one is 260674990240, this one looks more like the one i have, well the paint job anyway. good luck, I think one was 9.99 & has 3 days to go, the other I forgot, seems like it was cheap also. good luck

Quote by crazy horse View Post
    Dale my helmet has the same liner, but I am missing the foam pad in the bottom, but my bales are in closer to the liner, any Idea what I have, can't find any other marks except for the date on the bottom band, either 1951, or 52 thanks for any help you can give me, I may not be looking in the right place on the helmet, the chin strap is cherry, as is the liner, looks like the bottom band was replaced at some time or another, thanks. Marty

Yes, I know the helmet you have...I traded one away a few years back. I kind of regretted that because I haven't seen one come up for sale ever since. Basically all they are is a MkIII with the addition of the LTD stud so the new liner could be attached.

Hopefully the color shows up...here is one of my nicer MkIII's with most of it's original sand texture remaining. The color the factory used was called dark earth brown.

Quote by mk1rceme View Post
    Hopefully the color shows up...here is one of my nicer MkIII's with most of it's original sand texture remaining. The color the factory used was called dark earth brown.

yeah thats it, but someone repainted it, looks like a long time ago, but it has a dark green color now, but they did a good job on it, I found some foam pieces last night with a sticky side & put on the plastic band, yeah that screw on top hurts, I tried it on, tightened up the leather liner also LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2