Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

LNER MKII Home Front Helmet

Article about: Evening gents, after what must be around a good year of looking at this helmet, I have finally "pushed" the buy button! It is a nice named MKII lid to the London North Eastern Rail

March came under the LNER too. I visited the big depot there back the 70's with the School Railway Society.

No results for anyone under the name "Knightly" for service with the LNER.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for trying anyway Ade.

My pleasure. I love any kind of research.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice one Leon....you're catching up fast!!!!!

Evening gents, sorry for the late reply, I have been out all day with the wife and nipper! Thanks Ade for finding that record for Harwood, it fits nicely as the "name label" states Sleaford LNER, which of course is in Lincolnshire where Harwood seems to have been based. Great information, very much appreciated. Leon.

Great Lid Leon and info from Ade,just wanted to add the fact that to some it all seems to be about the cost,sure everyone likes a bargain or good deal,why not we're only human but sometimes its just the collecting itself that makes this hobby great,if there are no plans to sell in the distant future then the cost is irrelavant,personally i don't think your purchase for a named and stenciled piece was really that over priced anyway,you've probably seen of late some sellers really trying it on with asking prices of £120 upwards,so overall a good deal really,and remember named pieces are on the up,great Lid and display it well.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Great Lid Leon and info from Ade,just wanted to add the fact that to some it all seems to be about the cost,sure everyone likes a bargain or good deal,why not we're only human but sometimes its just the collecting itself that makes this hobby great,if there are no plans to sell in the distant future then the cost is irrelavant,personally i don't think your purchase for a named and stenciled piece was really that over priced anyway,you've probably seen of late some sellers really trying it on with asking prices of £120 upwards,so overall a good deal really,and remember named pieces are on the up,great Lid and display it well.
    All too true Jake, I have no intention of selling on any of my collection, so as a rule price does not matter, but as I spend to much as it is, just every now and then I wind myself in. Not often enough for the bank balance though which looks very un-healthy, but the shelf in the war room looks great! Leon.

Well it arrived eventually, I think the train with this helmet on must have been "shunted" into a siding for a couple of weeks! A BMB made helmet dated 1939. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LNER MKII Home Front Helmet   LNER MKII Home Front Helmet  

LNER MKII Home Front Helmet   LNER MKII Home Front Helmet  

?

Nice one Leon, eventually.
    I note the label stuck to your liner is the same material as mine sown on the chin strap.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Nice one Leon, eventually.
    I note the label stuck to your liner is the same material as mine sown on the chin strap.
    Hi Aaron, could you post a picture of your name label? With a different set of eye's looking at it, the name may look different and have a match to Ade's paperwork. Leon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast