Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 FB helmet and liner

Article about: Just picked up this nice M1 and liner, chin strap is possibly post war I welcome any comments Thanks Nick

Default M1 FB helmet and liner

Just picked up this nice M1 and liner, chin strap is possibly post war

I welcome any comments

Thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 FB helmet and liner   M1 FB helmet and liner  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nick when you say the chinstrap maybe postwar in what term?its either original wartime production or a modern aged repro,neither od3 or bartacking was used postwar.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nick when you say the chinstrap maybe postwar in what term?its either original wartime production or a modern aged repro,neither od3 or bartacking was used postwar.
    I am thinking modern reproduce but that is only my unqualified opinion 😊
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Would need better pics of the bartacking at the Bales,and close up of the stitching if you need a better overall opinion.

Early ww2 McCord made helmet with correct type of buckle for the time period. don't know if the strap is original or not cant tell from pictures. there will be a lot number on the underside of the peak.
    looks like a mid war liner with a post war sweat band, perhaps the ink marks will tell the year of the sweat band , there will be a makers mark on the inside of the crown for the liner manufacturer.
    hope this helps a little
    Rod
    Last edited by plumbob; 06-23-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks Rod, I will take a look this weekend

Nick