Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Nam helmet

Article about: Hi, Here is my Vietnam helmet, i showed this the other week when i got it in a deal it did have an 81 issue cover on it but now thanks to nick for the swop, it has a 65 Nam issue cover. So n

Default M1 Nam helmet

Hi,
    Here is my Vietnam helmet, i showed this the other week when i got it in a deal
    it did have an 81 issue cover on it but now thanks to nick for the swop, it has a 65 Nam issue cover. So now it,s all complete as it was in the day. I know which one i like.

dave,
    Last edited by Panzer 3; 07-23-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Default Re: M1 Nam helmet

Considering the swivel bails, six point suspension, the rivets used to secure them i would say it is. if it has the rear seam then its almost a sure thing. If it has a front seam it's probably a post ww2 or korean helmets that was reused it nam.

Hi alex,
    Yes it is a rear seam swivel bale, the shell is in fact a late W.W.2 shell and still has the cork finish to it, but has korean war chinstraps. The liner is a P64, Vienam issue liner i was lucky to have a swop with nick for the 65 issue cover to take it back to the original. the M1 front seam i think came out in 1941-42, and went through to 44, when they brought out the rear seam swival bale late war shell The actual vietnam shell is lower in the crown compared to the early M1. But either way
    this is a really good helmet as it cost me nothing.
    dave.

?

looks great mate that cover really suites it

Hi nick,
    thanks mate yeah it,s a keeper for me thanks for the help.
    dave.