Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 with odd liner

Article about: I never had seen this one before,anyone knows more? I saw this for selling, 50 euro's the seller claims its WW2 helmet

Default M1 with odd liner

I never had seen this one before,anyone knows more? I saw this for selling, 50 euro's the seller claims its WW2 helmet M1 with odd linerM1 with odd liner

Default Re: M1 with odd liner

Unless that's some super rare variant that I have never seen, that's NOT a WWII M1.

My guess would be Middle Eastern M1 clone?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Unless that's some super rare variant that I have never seen, that's NOT a WWII M1.

My guess would be Middle Eastern M1 clone?
    Beats me, I try to look if there's any info about it. It puzzles me though ...

?

Most definitely not WW2, Joe may be right about it's origins being a middle eastern clone.

Brad.

?

I believe this is Israeli I've seen many with the same type of set up before might be quite old maybe 1960s

?

It looks like a Korean/Chinese composite helmet. As for it's webbing, a guess would be the Pakistan region of the world?

Best Regards,

Andy.

(Or, for fun, a 1917a1 leather webbing, and a 1'st patt Hawley nape strap!)
    Last edited by aj4010; 01-03-2013 at 04:23 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Many more and better photos would be vvery helpful but I can say for certain it's nothing I've ever seen US, clone or otherwise. The liner is more indicative of a soviet style, which I have never seen on any M-1 clone. Isralie helmets has standard US style liners so it's not that I'm sure.

Possibly and M-1 that made it to Iraq and has been field modified?

Interesting helmet, looking forward to the final conclusion.

Regards,

Russ