Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1917a1

Article about: Following some good info from Piotrek, I had a good look at my M1917A1 in daylight. It is stamped FS 17, which I understand makes it a British WW1 MKI shell made by T. Firth and Sons of 1916

?

Default M1917a1

Following some good info from Piotrek, I had a good look at my M1917A1 in daylight. It is stamped FS 17, which I understand makes it a British WW1 MKI shell made by T. Firth and Sons of 1916 -1918 vintage. I never knew the Americans refurbed British WW1 shells. The liner is marked "Lincoln" in pencil, and the colour variation in the pics is due to me struggling with the light conditions this morning and having to use fill in flash.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1917a1   M1917a1  

M1917a1   M1917a1  

M1917a1   M1917a1  

M1917a1   M1917a1  

M1917a1   M1917a1  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: M1917a1

That's a beauty. Very clean! I'm hoping to pick up mine tomorrow...

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Following some good info from Piotrek, I had a good look at my M1917A1 in daylight. It is stamped FS 17, which I understand makes it a British WW1 MKI shell made by T. Firth and Sons of 1916 -1918 vintage. I never knew the Americans refurbed British WW1 shells. The liner is marked "Lincoln" in pencil, and the colour variation in the pics is due to me struggling with the light conditions this morning and having to use fill in flash.

Best Regards,

Andy
    very nice my friend its so surreal seeing the olive drab+cork and that chinstrap and thinking yep the M1 is surely on its way,wouldn,t mind it in my collection,all the best dave

?

Very nice hard to find helmet.

I just picked up its brother:-) Maker mark FS 175! I will post picks in a new thread shortly.

?

Thanks for the kind comments people.
    There are some nice ones out there, maybe it is because its service life was so short? I have a feeling that the price of these things is going to take off soon. Compared to the M1, A1's are rare.
    instigator, I look forward to seeing that one.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

what a superb example andy

?

Quote by col james View Post
    what a superb example andy
    Thanks col james. I had just clicked on eBay US "newly listed" in WW2 helmets and hats. It was right at the top, listed for $100.00 buy it now. It was not there for long! Im really lucky to have friends Stateside who forward me stuff.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Wow, can't go wrong with this one. The liner is practically mint. You got the complete package.