Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M26 French helmet

Article about: Here is an example not often seen, at least not in its' original French configuration. Most of these were shipped off, repainted, re-linered, well basically messed with by other countries. T

Quote by christek View Post
    I am guilty of once having no interest in these iconic helmets. I had one but sold it on years ago for very little money. Only took one crappy photo of it.
    Bugger hey! remember when these were common down here? Disposals couldn't get rid of them!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Bugger hey! remember when these were common down here? Disposals couldn't get rid of them!!
    As a matter of fact, I do! I can't think why they used to be so common here though. I also remember the cheap brodies that were all over shelves, but this makes sense!

Quote by christek View Post
    As a matter of fact, I do! I can't think why they used to be so common here though. I also remember the cheap brodies that were all over shelves, but this makes sense!
    Ahh I don't recall the brodies I must have missed out on that one down here over the Mexican border!!!! bugger!!!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ahh I don't recall the brodies I must have missed out on that one down here over the Mexican border!!!! bugger!!!
    Haha, don't worry I also missed out as I was just a kid. Distinctly remember a whole lot on the shelf though. This would have had to be the late 1980's. Maybe an old Army Reserve warehouse was recently cleared?

Sorry again David I figure to show closer shots of the brass chin strap screw & nut on mine for comparison! Haven't played with this one in a very long time!

Hey,,Thanks Rene.
    A helmet I know very little about. Did not know about the bead signifying the WW1 style & non-beaded were the M26. Plus the liner mounting system is different. Fun to learn something new.
    Thanks again for showing
    D.

Hello everyone,
    this is a very interesting thread, I have some examples, but I wanted to add what I like best, it is an example with the paint that still seems to be the original one, khaki/ green color.
    The badge is still of the WW1 type.

M26 French helmetM26 French helmet

Regards
    Roberto

Another minty example David. Very nice.

Hi folks, I had posted my Model 26 years ago here. It got a little bit of attention so I am re-posting photos on this thread. This one came out of a huge box at the Great War Store in Allentown PA (now closed) that was full of mostly US helmets. I was surprised to find it. It appears that it sat in a pile of helmets stacked on top of each other. NH

P.S. It has a brass chin strap "lug" as well.

M26 French helmetM26 French helmetM26 French helmetM26 French helmet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2