Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Malta camo helmet

Article about: Hi all you British helmet collectors Believe it or not ,the helmet that I showed a picture of and that the guy admitted that he done it himself is for sale on the bay, I,m sure youse all wil

?

Hi Tony
    Depends on which one it was,as last week there was in my opinion an original Malta cammo that sold on e-bay

?

I imagine the original was the one that sold for over 300 GBP last week.

The one Aaron mentioned that would fool me is being sold as an Italian campaign helmet shell. As said, I lack the experience needed to spend big money on MKII helmets and would have to buy from a trusted source.

Tony

?

Yes, actually the one that is supposed to be of the Italian campaign is being sold by the same guy that has originally sold the one that's on e-bay now, I have to admit ,I also thought at first that the Italian one was genuine ,the rusting seems right but the colours .in my opinion seem too bright for something so old, and then Aaron confirmed that it's not original

?

Its a shame this guy is selling dodgy lids now , as he does sell nice ones. It has put me off this seller now , what ever he sells.

?

Sold £255.

?

Someone's been had then. It does annoy me that people are happy to rip people off like that.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Sold £255.
    No matter what he sells, the final price on his items is usually higher than someone else would get if selling the exact same helmet.

It's possible he believes it was original? I suppose if he has more of the same in future we'll know for sure.

Tony

?

One thing for sure is that he made a tidy profit from it,he bought it for 85 pound, added a liner and chinstrap and sold it for 255,so why didn't it sell for at least 200 on the first time that it was listed? I think people were bidding on it cos' they trust the seller since he sells a lot of good stuff,

SMP
    ?

Quote by pluto View Post
    One thing for sure is that he made a tidy profit from it,he bought it for 85 pound, added a liner and chinstrap and sold it for 255,so why didn't it sell for at least 200 on the first time that it was listed? I think people were bidding on it cos' they trust the seller since he sells a lot of good stuff,
    You are not kidding. He just sold a standard MKII army for £160 ! Some collectors must think he is God.

?

Well ,if that is the case then I think that the collectors that believe he is God and bid on his items deserve to be screwed (pardon my French)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2