Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Malta camo for sale

Article about: What do you think of this one? Being sold as an original Malta Camo.

Default Malta camo for sale

What do you think of this one?

Being sold as an original Malta Camo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malta camo for sale   Malta camo for sale  

Malta camo for sale   Malta camo for sale  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I think the wear looks a little contrived, almost too much grime..im a cynic

I think at some stage it was overpainted and that has been cleaned off, though the pix are not really good enough IMO if you are seriously trying to sell this helmet.

Not mine and I am not looking to buy it, but I thought it might stimulate some discussion here. It is listed for sale on another forum and is said to be on ebay though I could not find it on there!
    Regards,

Jerry

It is on ebay Jerry - type in 'Malta cammo helmet' and you will find it. Its one of those helmets where I would prefer to hold and examine, rather than rely on pictures alone. I've checked army records for 'Angell 1722242,' and nothing shows up with that service number. I would also question why someone would mark their helmet with their rank and surname, but no initial for their first name. It just seems a little odd!

"A VERY NICE WW2 100% GENUINE MALTA CAMMO HELMET
    THE HELMET HAS A DECAL ON BOTH SIDES AND IS NAMED INSIDE
    THE HELMET IS OFFERED FOR SALE ELSE WHERE SO FIRST TO COMMIT HIS THERES "
    I would have thought with such a rare helmet, you would give more detail on why its rare and some research on the name...it just doesnt sit right with me..theres always something wrong with these malta camos, faded, grime, dented..they should just be like every other helmet

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    It is on ebay Jerry - type in 'Malta cammo helmet' and you will find it. Its one of those helmets where I would prefer to hold and examine, rather than rely on pictures alone. I've checked army records for 'Angell 1722242,' and nothing shows up with that service number. I would also question why someone would mark their helmet with their rank and surname, but no initial for their first name. It just seems a little odd!
    Thanks, I did try this except I only used one M in camo.

WW2 GENUINE MALTA HELMET | eBay
    Regards,

Jerry

Evening Jerry, another Malta!! This one is much harder to call as it does appear to have had a black over paint stripped back as you say. I guess that may be an elaborate way of trying to convince the buyer that this was a "hidden gem" under the over paint! If the service number matched up and it were cheap enough, I would take a chance, but that lack of a service record match up really casts doubt over it. Leon.

You need to learn how to spell 'camo' (flage) incorrectly Jerry, it works wonders on eBay!

?

IMHO I think the patina on this helmet is very similar to the one that I got from Malta last Summer,I have posted some pictures of it on the 24 th of August( Question Malta camo helmet?),I also believe that mine was painted over and restripped at some point in time ,or maybe like Leon said ,it could be a fake, I would only buy this helmet if I have it in my hand

?

If I’m reading the number correctly (1722242), it belonged to RA (field/coastal artillery/AA) according to the army number search site http://www.corpsofmilitarypolice.org...?query=1722242

I know the link will eventually die but for quick reference and to see if it sells here’s the ebay link WW2 GENUINE MALTA HELMET | eBay

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast