Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Malta camo for sale

Article about: What do you think of this one? Being sold as an original Malta Camo.

Quote by ynot View Post
    If I’m reading the number correctly (1722242), it belonged to RA (field/coastal artillery/AA) according to the army number search site http://www.corpsofmilitarypolice.org...?query=1722242

I know the link will eventually die but for quick reference and to see if it sells here’s the ebay link WW2 GENUINE MALTA HELMET | eBay

Tony
    Thanks for that Tony, matching the service number does give this one some extra "weight" to being a good one. That said, in this condition I would not want to be paying anywhere near the £375 asking price and an in hand inspection would still be a necessity! Leon.

?

Maybe not Leon, my search may match the number to the RA but Steve's search didn't match the name and number to the RA.

Tony

Theres an Australian one, died in Greece Gnr Charles Joseph Angell ( - 1941) - Find A Grave Memorial

Well at least we know the owner of the number was in the artillery. I checked on the forces records website, not the best site I know. But it didn't list anyone with the surname of 'Angell' as having that number.

Someone liked it enough to buy it as it is now marked as sold on the other forum.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

That dark patina looks a little too much like what I have seen on fake antiques imho.

Below is my picture of the Malta camo helmet on display in the Australian War Memorial.

Malta camo for sale

Oz

Now that's more like it Oz! A real "one looker" in that nice light shade if sandstone coloured paint. Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2