Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Malta helmet camo

Article about: Glad to have been of some help.

?

A bloody nice find Aaron a matter of being in the right place at the right time I do a Google search every day for camo Mk II helmets for sale your dam lucky I did not see it first

Regards Mark

Obviously a bit like buses on these then as another sold on the bay a few days back.

Did anyone here get it? I was watching it but did not bid as I had my eyes on a cap, a shame really as it went for a good price.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malta helmet camo   Malta helmet camo  

Malta helmet camo   Malta helmet camo  

Malta helmet camo  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I didn't have a good feeling about it, & I think the end price reflected that (£180). Whereas it should have gone for about £400-600.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    I didn't have a good feeling about it, & I think the end price reflected that (£180). Whereas it should have gone for about £400-600.
    I also had some reservations and a hands on was needed for it. The rusting looks a bit contrived.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

It reminded me about the one that James had, I wonder if it was the same seller?
    Beginning to get paranoia setting in,a bit like you German helmet collectors have been suffering for years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malta helmet camo   Malta helmet camo  

?

Hi Aaron I completely agree there is something not right with this Malta camo I as well was watching it and had to stop my self from bidding a couple of times it did not feel right.

Regards Mark

Agree it doesn't push the buttons for me. I would like one of these.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    It reminded me about the one that James had, I wonder if it was the same seller?
    Beginning to get paranoia setting in,a bit like you German helmet collectors have been suffering for years.
    I remember that helmet it was chemicaly aged.

Regards Mark

A shame to see serious attempts at faking such as this, if that is the case, within the area of collecting MKII lids.
    Regards,

Jerry

Ist and 2nd pic down, isn't there signs of paint stripper residue on the paint? Looks that way to me. Also, why is the paint not cracked anywhere around the rim safety edge of the helmet? 70 odd years that's been knocking about, and not so much as a hairline crack or chip?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast