Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Mark 1* Opinions

Article about: As a complete novice on British helmets I'd thought I'd post here for opinions. The inside of the helmet is a blue\\bottle green colour, depending on the light.

Default Mark 1* Opinions

As a complete novice on British helmets I'd thought I'd post here for opinions. The inside of the helmet is a blue\bottle green colour, depending on the light.

Mark 1* OpinionsMark 1* OpinionsMark 1* OpinionsMark 1* OpinionsMark 1* OpinionsMark 1* OpinionsMark 1* OpinionsMark 1* Opinions

NCA
    ?

The helmet is a MK2...possibly a re-used Police one as the inside colour is the same.The flash is for the 56th (London) Division.I'm not entirely convinced the flash is original either...it looks too fresh compared to the rest of it.

Quote by NCA View Post
    The helmet is a MK2...possibly a re-used Police one as the inside colour is the same.The flash is for the 56th (London) Division.
    Indeed, pimped Police MKII, 1939 dated shell (made by Rubbery Owen & C0.) makes it clear it is not a MKI* as that terminology was only used for reused WWI shells.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi I saw this on eBay ,and as the others have said looks to be a pimped ex police helmet, I would send it back and get your money back ,as I expect you paid a premium for the side decal.

Thanks guys - confirmed even what a novice like myself already thought.

Hi, welcome to the forum, all I will add is that it may also have been a Irish Republic used MKII that has been post war repainted as they used UK made WW2 helmets and re-painted them this colour blue. LeonMark 1* Opinions

?

That's interesting, I wouldn't have know that was a post war used Irish helmet , I would have just thought it was a war time civil variant. Thanks for posting that.

SMP
    ?

There are two things that can turn a £10 "clunker" into a £250 "must have" - a "camo", or a "div" badge. The fakers know this and are busy as we speak