MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Minty fresh U.S. M1917A1 "Kelly" Helmet

Article about: Hi guys, here's one I picked up yesterday. It's an M1917A1 in excellent condition. Not much to say about this one, other than I'm glad it has found a new home on my helmet shelf.

Default Minty fresh U.S. M1917A1 "Kelly" Helmet

Hi guys, here's one I picked up yesterday. It's an M1917A1 in excellent condition. Not much to say about this one, other than I'm glad it has found a new home on my helmet shelf.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Minty fresh U.S. M1917A1 "Kelly" Helmet   Minty fresh U.S. M1917A1 "Kelly" Helmet  

Minty fresh U.S. M1917A1 "Kelly" Helmet   Minty fresh U.S. M1917A1 "Kelly" Helmet  

Minty fresh U.S. M1917A1 "Kelly" Helmet   Minty fresh U.S. M1917A1 "Kelly" Helmet  

Alright Mo enough,your just showing off,a great McCord 1937-1939 Helmet,and in fantastic condition,I'll email my address if you like,p.s now you will have to re-organize your book cases...........

Do you have a link to that info? I have been trying to read about the specifics, but I can't find much...

Great helmet Mo. I have two in the collection and really enjoy them. I almost got one of them for free from a friends family estate but the auction company had already listed it on the website and I had to pay to get it. That stunk! But yours is a great example.

?

That is nice. Mine has a sargent rank painted on the front. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

MAP
    ?

Nice helmet. Looks like a twin of mine. Only problem with these helmets is that they take up a lot of space in a display case :-(

I had another as a teenager, but went off to college and it was gone when I got back. Think my nephews played "Army" with it and lost it....

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice one Mo.

Sorry Mo there's no link,just what knowledge i've picked up over time,PM me if you want the bigger picture,quite happy to help.........

thats one of the later production M1917A1 helmets by McCord Radiator Co

probably dates from around late 1930's - 1940

the M1917A1 is one of my favorite WWII helmets, these were also worn by US Coastal Defense

MAP
    ?

What does the "6A" stand for? Mine has a "10C".

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast