Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

MK I Helmet with Camo Net

Article about: Hey guys, Im wondering if this camo net is the real deal, I don't remember having seen one like this before. rgds Mads

Default MK I Helmet with Camo Net

Hey guys,

Im wondering if this camo net is the real deal, I don't remember having seen one like this before.

MK I Helmet with Camo NetMK I Helmet with Camo NetMK I Helmet with Camo NetMK I Helmet with Camo NetMK I Helmet with Camo Net

rgds

Mads

Default Re: MK I Helmet with Camo Net

Hi, helmet is ok, problem is always the netting.
    Cant help you there.
    Wait for more opinions.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

It will be a late war net if it British, but it also might be a post war Dutch net, they look very similar. Does your liner have a date?
    Aaron

Here is one of my helmets with a post war Dutch liner, for comparison purposes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK I Helmet with Camo Net   MK I Helmet with Camo Net  

Hey again,

there are no stamps on the liner.

To me the two helmets look similar. Do you know if the dutch helmet was used in the indonesian war of independence?

rgds

Mads

hi the shell is a mk2 made in 1940 and as far as im aware the british made nets range-ing from 1/2 inch up to 1 1/2 inches,colours in every shade of brown and green,how ever if this net is ww2,this type of netting is more associated with burma than the ETO,in most period pics of the far east these nets can be seen in wide spread use,as already said could be postwar dutch,but certainly looks the part with the lid,regards dave.

Thanks for all comments.