Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

MK II 2C factory helmet ?

Article about: Got this a couple of days ago locally, it has a grey finish inside and out and a marroon diamond and triangle pattern going round, there is also the remains of a stenciled name on the front,

jwp
    ?

Default MK II 2C factory helmet ?

Got this a couple of days ago locally, it has a grey finish inside and out and a maroon diamond and triangle pattern going round, there is also the remains of a stenciled name on the front, ????? & JB LTD is all thats readable, cant see any marks on shell though it is the non combat grade steel, teddy toy company 1940 liner. wonder if the marroon design was added after the stencil as it looks to have gone on to the edge and possibly over some of the lettering ? but it appears like its been there a long time as the paint is very crazed.

MK II 2C factory helmet ?MK II 2C factory helmet ?MK II 2C factory helmet ?MK II 2C factory helmet ?MK II 2C factory helmet ?

?

Very interesting helmet, the only thing I can add is, being red triangles, something to do with fire?

I've seen NFS helmets with similar red triangles so probably fire related.

jwp
    ?

Many thanks both, possibly for a factories own fire fighting team then ?, any thoughts how to remove the active rust from the surface ? I did'nt want to scrub it too hard and damage what remains of the paint !,
    cheers, John.