Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mk.II "Desert Rats" ? ...

Article about: Hi, mates ! This helmet was offered to me as an Australian one. IMHO it´s an overworked Mk.II helmet with damaged and, "repaired" by "Bubba", liner with non original embl

Well you could always ask these blokes, im sure they would know The History of the British 7th Armoured Division - Desert Rats also note the variants of the 'Rat' on their page

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Well you could always ask these blokes, im sure they would know The History of the British 7th Armoured Division - Desert Rats also note the variants of the 'Rat' on their page
    I know the site well, never seen an example on a Tin helmet that I liked as far as I can remember.

I know a bit about the variants.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk.II "Desert Rats" ? ...  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, personally I would not be happy with this being an originally unit painted desert pattern helmet either. The outside appears to have been "aged" differently to the inside. I think the seller has just given you a bit of "misinformation" regarding the Australian link, just to give you the impression that he does not know he is selling you a super rare gem of a helmet (not)! Leon.

@ Fallschirmjäger
    I´m collecting combat knives, and bayonets, not helmets.
    The asked amount of the helmet was a low double-digit one and was in the parcel I received, together with some neat bayonet´s.

Best regards,
    R.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2