Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Mk II flashed to the Free French

Article about: I have known of the existence of this helmet for for some time and it has always intrigued me I was fortunate to be able to add it to my collection a few days ago... This particular Mk II ha

?

Hi Jerry no I have not seen it yet I will have a look in the AM before I head to work .I have no problem with the Free French Mk II being an original wartime piece but it was suggested on a different venue that it may have been done up for either a late war and or early postwar victory parade such as in Paris..And as I could find no period images to support that they were used much earlier than that in a theater of operations it left some doubt as to its lineage ...
    Hence the importance of finding an image that could support were it may have been used and in what time frame I find French Helmets a lot like Polish Brigade in exile they can be a mine field to authenticate ...

Regards Mark

Hello Phuong welcome to the forum....It would be appreciated that you would speak English on this forum.

Xin chào Phương chào mừng đến với diễn đàn .... Nó sẽ được đánh giá rằng bạn sẽ nói tiếng Anh trên diễn đàn này.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

For this helmet, I can ask on a French Forum...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Goodbye to Phuong - Spammer

IP Address: 115.79.42.123
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    For this helmet, I can ask on a French Forum...
    Thank you any further information would of course be appreciated ...

Regards Mark

?

A few more colour images from the Italian Theater of Operations that were shared with me by a friend and fellow collector that clearly show the diamond shaped flash being used by Free French troops on there Mk II helmets in the field..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk II flashed to the Free French   Mk II flashed to the Free French  

Mk II flashed to the Free French  

?

I had thought too I had seen a photo of this type of flash, I like the 1st pic, chap in front has found himself a pair of Bino's

Hi Mark, a great looking and totally original helmet in my eye's. The wear and ageing all look spot on to me, very similar to the wear patterns on my FAU medics helmet that was also used in North Africa and Sicily theatres of war. Leon.

?

Many thanks John I was un-decided weather it was bino's and or a top of a mess tin perhaps...
    Leon I agree it looks to be an all original un-messed with helm and I am happy to have it on my shelf the pattern of wear on the top is indicative to a 1/2 inch net being placed on this Mk II at some point in its service life.
    I have come across a couple of other images as well of Mk II's flashed to the Free French sporting this diamond shaped flash and will ask the gent if he minds if I add them to this thread for future reference as they are his personal photos...

Regards Mark

?

yeah sorry I meant the pic below the chap drinking, looks like 6x30 german tan binculars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast