Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mk II flashed to the Polish Brigade

Article about: I have been on the hunt for a Mk II flashed to the Polish Brigade in exile for some time and they do not come up for sale in the market place very often . One has to be extremely diligent in

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Mark, I have no idea if this is a good Polish flashed helmet or not but I thought it may be a useful reference. Leon.
    It seemed a bit pricey, and Polish flashed helmets do seem quite "common" compared to most other army units.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

For some reason, the helmet Leon has shown, has an eagle that reminds me of the smaller Amazon shield "French" type Polish cap badge. circa 1940.
    I wonder IF ???? the helmet might have it's origin's with the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Brigade after the French capitulation, when the Brigade "marched" over to the British ... (French equipment ditched .... British equipment donned, and using French issue cap badge, templated the new issue British helmet.)
    It would be interesting to see the date on the liner .... to see if there is any correspondence with dates. ?

Just a thought ...

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    For some reason, the helmet Leon has shown, has an eagle that reminds me of the smaller Amazon shield "French" type Polish cap badge. circa 1940.
    I wonder IF ???? the helmet might have it's origin's with the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Brigade after the French capitulation, when the Brigade "marched" over to the British ... (French equipment ditched .... British equipment donned, and using French issue cap badge, templated the new issue British helmet.)
    It would be interesting to see the date on the liner .... to see if there is any correspondence with dates. ?

Just a thought ...

Gary J.
    Interesting thought Gary, I looked on the dealers site but there is no mention of a date unfortunately. At what point did the "cross" crown pad come into use, I only ask as I would have thought most BEF helmets issued pre evacuation would have had the earlier oval type ones? Leon.

Glad it arrived ok Mark,I know exactly what you mean about the pics never truely show just how good the Helmet really is,Im the same Bud........

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Interesting thought Gary, I looked on the dealers site but there is no mention of a date unfortunately. At what point did the "cross" crown pad come into use, I only ask as I would have thought most BEF helmets issued pre evacuation would have had the earlier oval type ones? Leon.
    MKII liners were introduced in 1939 Leon.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Glad it arrived ok Mark,I know exactly what you mean about the pics never truely show just how good the Helmet really is,Im the same Bud........
    Hi Jake unfortunately it will be a while before I am able to post outside pics the weather has taken a turn for the worse -25 the last few days and snowing like crazy sigh winter is here in the North I have been working on building a photo booth with any luck will be done soon.
    Thanks for posting the helmet Leon it was pointed out to me by Jerry a couple of days ago but the price seemed rather high for the condition and these can be a nightmare to authenticate even to the seasoned collector and many demand an in hand examination especially when dealing with unknown and or hand painted variations of the eagle and my opinion on this example would solely be based on condition and the patina and would do so with a great amount of caution truth be told they scare the hell out of me.

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2