Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MK II home front "A" for Ambulance crew

Article about: Hi all.. Picked up this MK II, 1940 dated, WW II home front helmet......cant make out the shell maker!! but liner is B.M.B. (Briggs Motor Bodies) also 1940 dated ... Painted black, with a Wh

Default MK II home front "A" for Ambulance crew

Hi all..

Picked up this MK II, 1940 dated, WW II home front helmet......cant make out the shell maker!! but liner is B.M.B. (Briggs Motor Bodies) also 1940 dated ...
    Painted black, with a White "A" stencilled to the front (Ambulance crew)
    Not my normal area..im more post war.....but I really liked the look of it!! and I liked the price too...so I pulled the trigger!!

And..... I also put my Charity shop find, wartime 1939 dated home front A.R.P. first aid dressing with it... for display!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK II home front "A" for Ambulance crew   MK II home front "A" for Ambulance crew  

MK II home front "A" for Ambulance crew   MK II home front "A" for Ambulance crew  

MK II home front "A" for Ambulance crew   MK II home front "A" for Ambulance crew  

Welcome to the gang!!

....sorry, should’ve said.....these things are about as popular as M75s........

I had noticed..(if this years War & Peace show is anything to go by) that the Home front stuff, is very much on the up..in popularity..and price wise!! and rightly so!!!
    lots and lots of history to be had with these!!!

Anyways..... I don't want those good "young" Austrian Stahlhelm.... M75s to get too popular!!!....otherwise I wouldn't be able to pick up so many!!!

# "cornered the market"

# "greedy so and so"!!