Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk II JSS British helmet

Article about: Hello all, Hereby I wanna show my only British helmet I have in my collection. It is a Mk II 1938 dated Joseph Sankey & Sons helmet. I am sure the helmet is original. I am just doubtful

Default Mk II JSS British helmet

Hello all,

Hereby I wanna show my only British helmet I have in my collection. It is a Mk II 1938 dated Joseph Sankey & Sons helmet. I am sure the helmet is original. I am just doubtful if the net is original to the helmet. I removed it but couldn't find any traces of it being there for long so I am pretty certain it is a more recently added net. The net however does feels (and smells) really old so I am also quite sure the net is original.
    I also wonder if there's a specific way the net should be put on the helmet shell and how should the string be tied? The way it is on now it doesn't look really comfortable or appropriately tied.

Thanks for your time and opinions!

Mk II JSS British helmet
    Mk II JSS British helmet
    Mk II JSS British helmet
    Mk II JSS British helmet
    Mk II JSS British helmet
    Mk II JSS British helmet
    Mk II JSS British helmet
    Mk II JSS British helmet
    Mk II JSS British helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk II JSS British helmet   Mk II JSS British helmet  

?

Well, if you are only going to have one British helmet, which is an sin, then this is a good one to have. 1938, which is the first year of manufacture,and an army one. Try looking inside of the helmet, and liner for any interesting markings.
    Net looks original, the string should go through each hole so as to tie up correctly.

Thanks a lot! I am planning to get more helmets, this one is just the first one so far. Will also check the string if it goes through all holes. Is there a specific way to tie the knot of the string? I know with collecting German helmets there's so many specific things to pay attention to and I wonder if the same goes for British helmets.