MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Mk II with neck protection

Article about: I found this one in Newcastle a few years ago. It's a Mk II with the gas hood still attached. It has been stored with the oil cloth neck protection tucked under the rim and liner of the helm

Default Mk II with neck protection

I found this one in Newcastle a few years ago. It's a Mk II with the gas hood still attached. It has been stored with the oil cloth neck protection tucked under the rim and liner of the helmet, and it has become a bit stiff. I haven't dared to bend it to look for markings.

Stig Erik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk II with neck protection   Mk II with neck protection  

Mk II with neck protection  

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Mk II with neck protection

Nice.Veeery rare!!youve shown great restraint not to try and pull the cloth out too..

?

Really nice to find,it's the MkI anti-gas curtain. First introduced in 1939, then replaced by the MkII in 1940 which covered the whole helmet & not just the brim. The date & maker stamp are sometime near where the popper is in the top right picture.
    Mines a little bit worse for wear but nice all the same.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk II with neck protection   Mk II with neck protection  

Mk II with neck protection   Mk II with neck protection  

I am glad you like it. Great pictures, and helmet.

All the best
    Stig Erik