Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay

Article about: Casualty station? Although it could be a company logo which had its own ARP personal

Default Re: Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Agreed, a standard fastener, although what threw the helmet's owner (and me) off was that this one is installed upside down. Normally the flat blade slotted end is found on top, not on the inside.

Regards,
    Tony
    I'm confused now, this is how one of mine look (Aussie) I can show SA, and UK all the same
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-08-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: added text

Interesting. Of course they work either way, but they are usually situated with the slotted end up on WW2 period MK.II's that I've observed and owned.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Interesting. Of course they work either way, but they are usually situated with the slotted end up on WW2 period MK.II's that I've observed and owned.

Regards,
    Tony
    G'day Tony

I've never seen this ever I'd really like to see an example
    This could be a learning curve for me

Regards,
    Tony
    Yes this is true, with the exception of South African made helmets which always seem to have the bolt upside down, for some reason.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Yes this is true, with the exception of South African made helmets which always seem to have the bolt upside down, for some reason.

Rob
    That would be because like Australia, Africa is in a southern latitude. (Downunder)

Ok I have my one here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...pre-war-96622/ but this is the only one I've seen like this
    And this is one my SA ones
    Helmet South African WW2 ETO Broadie
    Goes to show my observation skills on my own collection, too much telly for me!!!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-08-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added text

Here are three of my Polish exile forces MK.II's. The liners / fasteners are original and there's nothing to suggest that they have been tampered with since use back in the day.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay   Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay  

Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here are three of my Polish exile forces MK.II's. The liners / fasteners are original and there's nothing to suggest that they have been tampered with since use back in the day.

Regards,
    Tony
    Thanks Tony
    Very, Very nice to see
    Thanks

?

On British helmets CS would normally be for casualty service, the diamond is for rank, maybe for senior CS or CS leader. As it was already marked as ARP then overpainted for CS try looking up civil defnce markings on Canadian helmets.
    Interesting anyway.
    Aaron

?

Casualty Service I think is the most likely, the diamond would in the British ARP Service would be a rank, possibly for somebody in charge of a number of casualty teams or a casualty station.
    Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast