Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk II senior fire guard helmet

Article about: Here I have a MkII helmet which was originally a khaki colour then painted black then what I believe to be stencils placed over the helmet in the form of FG and 2 stripes then painted white

Default Mk II senior fire guard helmet

Here I have a MkII helmet which was originally a khaki colour then painted black then what I believe to be stencils placed over the helmet in the form of FG and 2 stripes then painted white over the stencils and then the stencils removed. This helmet before I obtained it has been stored badly with other helmets on top with the oil skin off other liners sticking to the paint (see pics) A warning to helmet collectors don't stack your helmets unless you have something inbetween (I use waxed paper) the paint on the inside front of the brow of the helmet looks to have been exposed to a heat source notice the crazing and patina of the paint. This is a pretty minty lid and I am unable to obtain the maker of the helmet (thick paint coverage). The liner is manufactured by BMB (Briggs Motor Bodies) with a date of 1940 which is under the crucifix pad. Thanks for looking guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk II senior fire guard helmet   Mk II senior fire guard helmet  

Mk II senior fire guard helmet   Mk II senior fire guard helmet