Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk III FFL 194?

Article about: Hi Friends, I've just picked this one up. My first MKIII so hope its a good one. The liner markings are almost not readable, but in sunlight its possible to see FFL 194? (looks like 3 or 5)

Default Mk III FFL 194?

Hi Friends,

I've just picked this one up. My first MKIII so hope its a good one.

The liner markings are almost not readable, but in sunlight its possible to see FFL 194? (looks like 3 or 5) the size is not readable.

Unfortunately I cant find any stamps on the shell.

Mk III FFL 194?

Mk III FFL 194?

Mk III FFL 194?

Mk III FFL 194?

Mk III FFL 194?

Mk III FFL 194?

Opinions are welcome.

Cheers, Mads

mads that turtle helmet looks very nice especially with the shell dressing ,i could be wrong but i believe the net is post war ,nice though all the same

The net looks very similar to those seen on US M1 helmets during the war.

?

If you have a picture of the rim join I could tell you what maker the shell is, & where the date/maker name will be.
    The net looks ok to me, could be WW2 or post war depending on the size of the net.
    Is it original paint on the outside?

Thanks for the comments.

Aaron, I took a photo of the rim join, about the paint Im not sure, took a photo of the outside of the shell as well.

Mk III FFL 194?

Mk III FFL 194?

Mk III FFL 194?

The net is rather large, I've got an almost identical already, so hope they are british wwII.

Cheers, Mads

?

Hi Mads, Looking at the rim join I would say it's an RO&Co or F&L made shell, the date/maker name will be horizontal to the rim, & could be anywhere. The BMB made shells were stamped vertical to the rim & the impression is often seen on the outside, the paint looks ok to me. The net also looks ok, if it's a size 18"x 18" it could be WW2 or post war as there is no way to tell them apart.
    The first picture show a BMB made welded rim with just visible the stamp,the other 2 are RO&C0 with horizontal stamp to the rim.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk III FFL 194?   Mk III FFL 194?  

Mk III FFL 194?  

I've found the makers mark, its definetely RO&Co followed by an "F" and then what looks like "44" but Im not 100% on the year as its very vague.

Just measured the net, its 18"x18"

Thanks for the help Aaron.

Cheers, Mads