Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MK V Riot Helmet

Article about: I'll have to check the helmet for stamps to date it. As you can see in the photo from the inside, mine lacks this 3rd mounting point. A neck guard would make sense, most modern riot helmets

?

Default Re: MK V Riot Helmet

I'll have to check the helmet for stamps to date it.
    As you can see in the photo from the inside, mine lacks this 3rd mounting point.
    A neck guard would make sense, most modern riot helmets have some form of back protection. I'll dig around and see what info I can find.

I've no regrets picking up this little oddity.

Nitram

?

I've checked the liner again, the felt was just a small strip in one part, I think the officer added it as extra padding, because it was not secured in any way.
    I've found the date, the liner is dated 1952.

Nitram

?

Quote by joseph barrett View Post
    I have assumed the third anchor point is for a different type of chin strap to make the helmet more stable do to the wight of the face shield but it could be a for neck guard?
    Thanks!
    Piotrek

?

I remember wearing one of those during riot training. The Irish army used them too. It was during the hunger strikes when the possibility of public disorder was strong. They were awkward bloody things to wear though. One came up for sale recently. Didn't buy it though.

Hi noel,
    If you dint mind me asking how much was the price of the helmet for sale, ?.
    Dave.

?

It was €35 as I recall. Here it is on ebay. It was sold.

Irish Army riot helmet 1960's/1970's | eBay

I have come across more information about the third anchor point on the MK.5 riot helmet it was definitely for a chin strap although oafishly called Harness, Anti-Riot, Helmet it was introduced in the late 70s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK V Riot Helmet  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2