Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MK1 Brodie advice on keeping original rivet

Article about: A recent acquisition of mine. Has a lot of its original paint and would have been a fine example if it still had it's original liner and chinstrap. My question is, I'd like to keep the origi

?

Default MK1 Brodie advice on keeping original rivet

A recent acquisition of mine. Has a lot of its original paint and would have been a fine example if it still had it's original liner and chinstrap. My question is, I'd like to keep the original pad and rivet, that's when I decide to add a repro liner. Any ideas on how I can safely remove the rivet? So I can use it to fix the new liner?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK1 Brodie advice on keeping original rivet   MK1 Brodie advice on keeping original rivet  

MK1 Brodie advice on keeping original rivet   MK1 Brodie advice on keeping original rivet  

Why do you want to add the repro liner?

My advice would be to leave it as it is.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Jerry
    I like to have helmets complete, but I do understand what you mean. I've got mannequin heads to display my helmets on.

I'd defo NOT fiddle with it...it's nice enough as it is....... BUT it's your helmet and your call......it'll just mean one fewer "right" pieces survives.....

?

You've both got me 50/50 now. I just prefer complete pieces. I paid next to nothing for this, so if I bought a liner, it would still be well within my budget.

CBH
    ?

I would simple buy a chin strap and use padding to make it sit right on your mannequin.

I would think it would hurt the value if you attempted to restore it.

?

Thanks for your advise guys.