Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

mk11 help

Article about: here is another recent aquisition ,i know very little about this one and its use so im hoping somebody can fill in the blanks no liner present but mostly id like to know more about the canva

Default mk11 help

here is another recent aquisition ,i know very little about this one and its use so im hoping somebody can fill in the blanks no liner present but mostly id like to know more about the canvas chinstrap and if its post war or correct for the time period ,the shell is a stamped Rubery Owen & Co Ltd and looks to be dated 1942 it also has a 1942 date stamp on the chinstrap bail retainers mk11 helpmk11 helpmk11 help
    Regards James

MKIII chinstrap correct for mid to late war. The same as you see on RAC MKII's and MKIII turtles.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

many thanks Jerry i thought best to check as its a new one on me ,can i ask your thoughts on the shell itself ,it has a very light shade of apple green lightly textured paint ,could this be home guard issue ,i know hard to tell from the pictures ,thanks james
    Regards James

?

Earlier this year I thought these straps were for home front helmets, but now I believe them to be post war Israeli made straps.

oops, should have gone to specsavers
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks for the extra info on the strap Aaronso israeli ,i know hard to speculate but is it likely the helmet saw service in israel post ww2 ,if so it certainly explains the faded look to the shell as though caused by extreme temperatures
    Regards James