Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 42nd Armoured Division Royal Artillery

Article about: The 42nd (East Lancashire) Infantry Division was a territorial formation at the start of WW2, & went to France with the BEF in April 1940. After Dunkirk it was reformed in the UK & w

?

Default Mk2 42nd Armoured Division Royal Artillery

The 42nd (East Lancashire) Infantry Division was a territorial formation at the start of WW2, & went to France with the BEF in April 1940.
    After Dunkirk it was reformed in the UK & was redesignated 42nd armoured Div. in Nov 1941.
    It served it's time in the UK until it was disbanded in October 1943.
    Although very worn it has the 42nd Div sign to the front, & an Royal Artillery flash to the side.
    An armoured Div would normally have Headquaters Div Art, field regs, anti-tank, anti- aircraft, counter mortar batt.
    Whats left of the liner is dated 1939 & made by HELMETS Ltd,the smooth khaki green paint on the inside has virtually gone apart from that left on the chin strap lugs. So would date the helmet from 1939-41.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 42nd Armoured Division Royal Artillery   Mk2 42nd Armoured Division Royal Artillery  

Mk2 42nd Armoured Division Royal Artillery   Mk2 42nd Armoured Division Royal Artillery  

Mk2 42nd Armoured Division Royal Artillery   Mk2 42nd Armoured Division Royal Artillery  

Another nice find Aaron and one that must be rare as the unit were not around for long, the outside is in reasonable order with good clear insignia. Leon.

?

Aaron,

I've not been here long but from what I've seen so far, you have a fantastic collection. Where do you find your helmets?

Tony

Great find again.

?

Thanks for the comments, Tony, I look high & low, on the net, off the net.
    Sometimes you get lucky, others...

?

A very nice addition Aaron indeed and one I would love to have on the shelf and IMO regardless of the condition of the liner will display rather well .

Regards Mark