Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 British helme

Article about: Hi guys. I have finally got round to picking up a sand textured mk2 helmet. After showing off all my mk2's on here a couple of months ago I found out what I thought were army issue were in f

Default Mk2 British helmet

Hi guys. I have finally got round to picking up a sand textured mk2 helmet. After showing off all my mk2's on here a couple of months ago I found out what I thought were army issue were in fact all civilian models Now then whilst trawling round the car booty last Sunday I saw this in a box under a wall pasting table. It's been a while since I Have seen a helmet at a car booty so I had to contain how interested I was by looking at everything on his table first before getting round to the helmet. I asked him how he come by it and he told me it was his dad's as he use to be a collector of all things military. I eventually got round to the asking price and he wanted £40 which I haggled him down to £30. The helmet is textured inside and out and shows it has been stored with another helmet on top (black ring). Someone in the past has tried to remove this ring on the outside of the helmet (not done a very good job ). The helmet also has a unit flash which again someone has tried to remove. The helmet I am unable to see any makers/year stamp. The liner is a VERO liner size 7. Would love your opinion on this one guys, is it a good one?
    It is also my first use of a mannequin head to display helmets which I affectionately call him Manny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 British helme   Mk2 British helme  

Mk2 British helme   Mk2 British helme  

Last edited by Redstalker; 01-26-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Nice pick up Ian khaki colour textured paint,from 1940'ish onwards as the inside is also textured,stacking marks as per-usual,mk2 chinstrap,can't really add much more,great pot to find at a bootie,well done mate.

A very good lid and a bargain at £30.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks guys

?

I would have like to have said, "it's not very good", & I'll give you double what you paid, to make you feel good.But unfortunately I can't, all looks ok to me. Textured inside would date the helmet from 1941 onwards, any chance of some close ups of the flash in good daylight?

Hi tinlid the light is failing here now so I will take some tomorrow and post them up.

NCA
    ?

Nice lid...Flash could be 2nd Infantry Division?

Hi, well done, a nice helmet at a bargain price! It looks as though the flash may have been the "cross keys", a shame they have been removed, but that's life. Leon.