Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Mk2 Brodie liner change

Article about: Probably just an over active operator while stamping the liner, they would have been stamping thousands of these a week.

?

Default Re: Mk2 Brodie liner change

Probably just an over active operator while stamping the liner, they would have been stamping thousands of these a week.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 Brodie liner change  

Am i right for the date on my liner?Thanks

?

The Mk1 liner was produced from 1937-early 39, yours will be dated 38 or 39.

Tinlid i was thought that the Mk liner was producing 1938-1940

?

Mk1 liner was from 37-39, you will see both Mk1 & Mk2 liners dated 1939. But what makes it confusing is seeing a 1940 dated Mk2 liner but with a 1 above the date when it should have a 11.
    The reason for the Mk2 liner instead of the Mk1 was for simplicity of manufacture, the Mk1 was more complicated. With the amount of helmets & liners that had to be produced for the war effort a way had to be found for non skilled labour to make the liners.
    So the Mk1 had the round crown pad while the Mk2 has the rubber cruciform pad, the Mk1 had riveted buffers while the Mk2 has push fit rubber buffers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 Brodie liner change   Mk2 Brodie liner change  

Mk2 Brodie liner change   Mk2 Brodie liner change  

Ok thanks for that.I think that mine it is 1939 after your info

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I thought all British helmet shells were the same size, so any liner will fit I think.
    Oh, well I,ve learnt something new today!! Sorry for my mis-information my friend,my fault for trying to answer a British question in the Third Reich forum(ha ha)! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Oh, well I,ve learnt something new today!! Sorry for my mis-information my friend,my fault for trying to answer a British question in the Third Reich forum(ha ha)! Leon.
    As you posted, if it had been a German helmet, the liners are different sizes to suit the different size shells and a logical assumption would have been to think it was the same for the British.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

You know what the British army are like, one size fits all.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    You know what the British army are like, one size fits all.
    Or no one!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast