Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 FAP

Article about: Hi to all, I have this Mk2 FAP, it seemed interesting to me, because usually I saw them black painted, also the helmet appears complete and in good condition. Shell: F&L 712 1/1939 Liner

Default Mk2 FAP

Hi to all,
    I have this Mk2 FAP, it seemed interesting to me, because usually I saw them black painted, also the helmet appears complete and in good condition.
    Shell: F&L 712 1/1939
    Liner of first type: J.C.S. & W. Ltd I 1939
    Size: 6-3/4
    The chinstrap is of a type I had not seen, I believe an early version.
    I also noticed that the welding of the edge-covering link is lateral and not back, I was wondering if this is a feature of this particular manufacturer (F&L).

Greetings
    Roberto

Mk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAPMk2 FAP

?

Nice when you can find them still in their khaki green factory paint, as apposed to them being blacked over.
    Chin strap is fine, try a magnet where the springs are, magnetic or not.

Nice example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice one...just looked through my own F&L-made ones.....quite a few have side-joints but an equal number (dating '39 thru to '41) have rear joints. 'hope that helps

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Nice when you can find them still in their khaki green factory paint, as apposed to them being blacked over.
    Chin strap is fine, try a magnet where the springs are, magnetic or not.
    Hi Aaron,
    I tried to verify, the springs are magnetic.

Quote by Composite View Post
    Nice one...just looked through my own F&L-made ones.....quite a few have side-joints but an equal number (dating '39 thru to '41) have rear joints. 'hope that helps
    Thanks Composite,
    You have certainly helped, it would seem that F&L has produced both types of welding.

Nice one Roberto, as has been already said, these early "tan" helmets are the rarer types now as most were over painted black. Leon.