Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2. NFS Company Officer.

Article about: An Company officer of the NFS 16 (Lyndhurst) not far from me, Belonging to Burbidge 251326. Originally factory finish in smooth khaki green, with AFS ( Auxillery Fire Service) to the front.

?

Default Mk2. NFS Company Officer.

An Company officer of the NFS 16 (Lyndhurst) not far from me,
    Belonging to Burbidge 251326.
    Originally factory finish in smooth khaki green, with AFS ( Auxillery Fire Service) to the front. Over painted from August 1941 with NFS decal & 1 1/2" red band applied.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2. NFS Company Officer.   Mk2. NFS Company Officer.  

Mk2. NFS Company Officer.   Mk2. NFS Company Officer.  

SMP
    ?

That's got a really nice look to it. The "AFS" underneath is a real bonus.

I have always wondered about the red paint they used for the stripes - it very often shows this strange bubbling. Do you think it just an age/reaction thing, or is it evidence of exposure to extreme heat ?

A very nice NFS helmet with AFS insignia over painted. 16 I believe is the district for Reading lyndhurst west of London. A very hard to come by helmet thanks for showing.

?

The red paint used by the NFS on their helmets does seem quite often to go like this, but probably not to heat from a fire. Reaction, or age maybe.
    Thanks for the comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2. NFS Company Officer.   Mk2. NFS Company Officer.  

Attached Images Attached Images Mk2. NFS Company Officer. 

Lovely helmet Aaron with great character. Leon.

?

Nice hard to find helmet.

?

Is it possible to research Burbridge or Coy O?

Tony

Have to agree with all above comments,lovely conditioned Tinlid with bags of character,think most would cherish this one in there collection,nice Aaron............

?

Glad you all like it, I have done a little search & not found out much about the owner. Thought there might have been a website naming NFS men & where they served.

I wouldn't mind betting the red paint used here was the same as they used to paint their fire fighting appliances and pumps etc., it makes sense to me.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.