Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard

Article about: Here's a No.2 A (1 hole in the brim,manganese steel rejects) with the markings of a senior fire guard, I think 3 bars are for the head fire guard.2 black bars for senior FG & 1 bar for F

?

Default Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard

Here's a No.2 A (1 hole in the brim,manganese steel rejects) with the markings of a senior fire guard, I think 3 bars are for the head fire guard.2 black bars for senior FG & 1 bar for FG street Captain?
    Factory finish in black with an FG in white, it was then repainted white leaving the original black paint for the 2 bands.
    The shell is dated 1941 & made by BMB, the liner also made by BMB but dated 1940, the khaki cotton material around the liner inside has a nice ink stamp O.M. BB.No.18, only seen on BMB liners.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard   Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard  

Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard   Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard  

Default Re: Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard

Here's my MK.11 Head fire guards helmet dated 1939 made by F&L. Fisher & Ludlow Ltd (Birmingham) the MK.1 liner also dated 1939 made by JCS&W Ltd. J. Complon Sons & Webb Ltd. (London) attached to the helmet by a MK.1 nut and bolt it also has a MK.11 chin strap and MK.11 chin strap securing lugs.
    Attached Images Attached Images Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard  Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard  Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard 

?

Default Re: Mk2 No.2 A, Senior Fire Guard

Extremely hard to find a 3 bander, love it